Sunday, December 8, 2013

I haven't posted in forever! Just tonight, as I work on the latest illustrations for the yet-to-be-published, will-be-published-on-Tuesdsay, Funny Women column, did I realize I hadn't posted the past two Funny Women illustrations. So this post is a long one. Get ready.

At the end of October I illustrated Funny Women #109, Epicurious.com: Reader Comments (http://therumpus.net/2013/10/funny-women-109-epicurious-com-reader-comments/). After googling Epicurious.com, to see what it was, I started illustrating, and ended up with these:

UN-AMERICAN PEPPERS! Gouache and ink.


The Introspective Recipe. Gouache and ink.

Next in mid-November was Funny Women #110: Ten Billion Tips to Becoming a Better Writer, which was a delightful read and made me laugh out loud several times (http://therumpus.net/2013/11/funny-women-110-ten-billion-tips-to-becoming-a-better-writer/).

Write!1!! Gouache and ink.

Sometime in the next two weeks I will post the Funny Women illustrations I'm wrapping up tonight. Though I am very much enjoying being the illustrator for this column (an entire column to myself!), the content tends to be different than the regular Rumpus content, and I miss illustrating the heartfelt, raw, honest content that is found on the main Rumpus page. In a time when irony and cynicism are trendy, I think there's something special about the authors who show up willing to be vulnerable and sincere on that page.

No comments:

Post a Comment