Thursday, October 9, 2014

Last week I deinstalled my Illustrations for Your Memoir! Show at Glama-Rama gallery and salon in Oakland. And though I had written it in my gcalendar, AND on my hardcopy paper to-do list, I forgot to take pictures of the show before taking it down. Halfway through pulling thumbtacks off the wall and stacking frames, I realized this and snapped this picture, which gives a little sense of the show:

Funny story- the text in the silver at the top says "I am so terrified that sometimes I can't even breathe" which is a line from a beautiful story on postpartum depression by Megan Stielstra called Channel B. It did not sell so I brought it home with me and now I have it hanging above my bed. Which seems a little emo and initially worried my roommates...haha

More from the show

Next up- I think I'm going to take a hiatus from applying to shows and focus on just creating art for a while- specifically I'd like to focus on sculpture and acrylics. I read an art blog somewhere that challenged artists to make one piece of art a month, so at the end of the year you have 12 new things in your portfolio. So I'd like to take on that challenge. November 1st, here's looking at you.


AND LASTLY:
I found this cool article and highly recommend giving it  a read:
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2014/10/06/gillian-robespierre-shane-jones-day-jobs-career-advice/


No comments:

Post a Comment